Are you searching for Windows 10 USB drivers that will help you connect your Vivo smartphone to your computer as a media device via the MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) and assist you in transferring files to and fro flawlessly through your USB cable? Well, you don’t have to look further because, in this article, we will tell you how to download Vivo MTP drivers for Windows 10 and install them quickly without any errors.
What are MTP Drivers for Vivo smartphones?
MTP drivers are crucial for establishing a successful Android phone connection with your desktop/laptop via the USB cable. A USB connection serves as a medium for transferring files from mobile to PC, and MTP drivers carry the system files required to correctly identify Vivo mobiles in any computer operating system, such as Windows 7/8/8.1/10, Mac OS, Linux, etc. If your computer doesn’t have the required Vivo MTP drivers, the device won’t be displayed in the Explorer, and it will be impossible for you to transfer files, flash firmware, and other immediate tasks.
Vivo is one of the top budget-friendly smartphone manufacturers with a broad user base and notable features, but it is equally challenging to find proper Vivo MTP drivers due to its lesser-known Funtouch OS. Follow the section below to know where to download Vivo MTP drivers and the steps required to install them in Windows 10.
Where to Download Vivo MTP Drivers for Windows 10?
Users mainly download MTP drivers to change the stock firmware on their Vivo phone and send ADB and Fastboot commands through the USB connection, and the job requires stability which is only provided by correct Vivo MTP Drivers. Usually, Vivo MTP driver files are automatically installed in Windows 10 when the Vivo mobile is first connected to a PC or a Laptop. But the installation might fail due to no Internet connection or unforeseen circumstances. Whatever the reason might be, you can still download the correct Vivo USB Drivers for Windows 10 by clicking on the button given below:
How to Install Vivo MTP Drivers in Windows 10?
The USB driver files that are available on the official Vivo page arrive in a compressed zip format, and there might not exist any exe installation package inside to help with automatic driver installation. Therefore, we insist you follow the steps given below to correctly install the MTP Drivers on Windows 10:
- Extract the vivo_usb_driver.rar file to your Windows 10 computer using any RAR extraction tool (such as WinRAR).
- Head over to the folder where you have extracted the downloaded file.
- Double-click on the vivo_usb_driver.exe file to start the driver installation wizard.
- You will be greeted with a blue Vivo Phone driver installation screen.
- Click on the Install Now button.
- The setup window will start removing any old Vivo MTP drivers that might be causing any issue.
- After the uninstallation of old drivers, it will proceed to install new drivers.
- A Windows Security window pops up asking for your confirmation to install the driver.
- Mark the checkbox titled “Always trust software from Vivo Mobile.”
- Click on the Install button.
- The installation will now continue copying the driver files and installing them.
- After the setup is complete, click on the Finish button to exit from the window.
- Restart your computer, and connect your Vivo smartphone via USB to see if the installation was successful.
We hope you liked our article on how to download Vivo MTP Drivers for Windows 10 and feel free to comment below to enquire about any queries you may have. Cheers!!