Does your iPhone have water inside it after it fell into some waterbodies? You must now be seeking a way to dry your iPhone and remove the water. I then describe what you can do to eject water from iPhone by using Siri shortcuts here.
I know some of you would argue that iPhones are supposed to be waterproof. Yes, they are, but only up to a certain extent after getting in touch with water. Let’s say you are near the pool trying to take selfies and the iPhone slips into the water. Although you can quickly retrieve it, a small amount of water still manages to enter the Apple iPhone’s peripherals.
Now, it may not be possible for users to run to the service center and shell out a few grands for ejecting water out of iPhone. So, here is a cool Siri shortcut that can eject water out of the iPhone speaker grill by emitting a low-frequency sound.
Download Water Eject Siri Shortcut on your iPhone
The Siri shortcut I’m talking about goes by the name of Water Eject. Here I have posted the link to download it from iCloud.
Water Eject Siri Shortcut | Download
The link is safe to download as it is hosted on Apple iCloud.
- Tap on the link
- Then tap on Get Shortcut
- Next, tap on Add Shortcut to integrate the Shortcut on your iPhone.
- If you have not enabled it, then there is this option Allow Untrusted Shortcuts which you have to enable to add the Eject Water shortcut on your iPhone.
- You can go to Settings > Shortcuts> tap on the switch beside Allow Untrusted Shortcuts
Untrusted here refers to some service or app that doesn’t come directly from Apple. Instead, some developer not associated with Apple has developed something unique and shared it with other Apple iPhone/iPad users around the globe. Normally, the shortcuts are shared over iCloud, so it is safe to use or add to your iPhone.
This shortcut can easily work on any iPhone model. You can even use this on iPads and iPods.
How to Eject Water from iPhone Using Siri Shortcut Manually
Now, to the steps to eject water from your iPhone.
- Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
- You will see the Water Eject shortcut as you have recently added it to your iPhone.
- Tap on the Water Eject shortcut
- A small menu will show up at the top of the screen. You need to tap on Start there.
- Next, you have to select the Intensity Level from 3 different levels dubbed as Level 1, 2, and 3.
- Once you select the level, you will hear a very low-frequency humming sound from your iPhone.
- The lower frequency vibration will last for a few seconds depending upon the intensity level you have selected.
- Unless you hold the iPhone near your ear you won’t hear or feel the vibration as the sound is of quite low frequency.
Now you know how to remove water from your iPhone with Siri.
Eject Water Through Siri Voice Command
In this method, you do the same steps, except instead of manually accessing the Shortcuts app, you can simply summon Siri and give the command Eject Water. It’s that simple. Then tap on Start and select Intensity Level.
There you go. The Eject water shortcut will do its job and the water should eject out of the speaker grills.
This concludes our discussion about how to eject water easily from your iPhone by invoking Siri. You can try this out if your iPhone has water inside its speaker grills.
In that case, if you see any major damage to your iPhone resulting from water insertion that cannot be fixed by the Eject Water shortcut, I recommend that you take it to an authorized Apple Service center for a repair.