If you are looking for potential partners around you with whom you can talk intimately and share common interests, then the Facebook Dating platform is a suitable place to meet new people. But FB users worldwide have reported several cases where the Facebook Dating icon doesn’t appear on the official Facebook app despite numerous tries, hence Facebook Dating not showing up becomes an obstacle in finding their loved ones. Therefore, to ease your troubled minds, we have brought you several solutions on how to fix Facebook Dating not showing up issue.
Facebook Dating was launched by the social media giant in the year 2019 and was updated in 2021 to accommodate post-lockdown dating life with features like virtual dating. Facebook’s alternative to other dating platforms like Tinder and Bumble brings together the company’s colossal networking infrastructure and data pools to suggest other accounts on Facebook who likes the identical music bands, love to travel just like you, enjoy binge-watching TV series of the same genre, lives near to you, and so on. The Facebook Dating platform can be accessed through only the Facebook mobile app, and potential partners are displayed through Tinder swipe cards after you have created a dating profile with your personal details and your dating preferences.
Facebook Dating has increased privacy options, such as nobody can grab screenshots of the chats, the messages are limited to texts and gifs, there is no option for payments, photos, links, and video sharing, restrictions on spam messages and auto-reply bots, and the ability to not include Facebook Friends within the Dating recommendations. Since Facebook is alarmingly good at recommending friends, numerous dating profiles can pop up after you have set up a Facebook Dating profile.
But due to the FB dating not working issue, users do not see the Dating icon on tapping the hamburger icon on the Facebook app, and they are not receiving Facebook Dating recommendations on their main feed. But before we dive into the fixes for FB dating not working issue, we must go through probable reasons why Facebook Dating is not showing up on the FB mobile app.
Why is Facebook Dating Not Showing Up?
Before we start exploring the reasons for the FB dating not working issue, It is necessary to understand that Facebook is the largest social media corporation, with a massive user base crossing 2.9 billion in 2021. Therefore, Facebook doesn’t always have the time to go through individual user bugs and troubleshoot them. Instead, we collected user complaints, analyzed them, and came up with different reasons for Facebook Dating not showing up. They are listed as below:
- Facebook Dating might be banned or not accessible in your location: According to the Facebook Terms and Conditions, only some countries provide Facebook the accessibility it requires to operate the Facebook Dating platform. Therefore, this is one of the primary reasons why Facebook Dating not showing up becomes an issue in restricted countries. The Facebook Dating app is active in the following countries: Paraguay, Peru, Suriname, Chile, Thailand, Argentina, Bolivia, Malaysia, Mexico, Laos, Ecuador, Singapore, Colombia, Brazil, Guyana, the Philippines, Canada, the United States, Uruguay, and Vietnam.
- Apart from these 20 countries, Facebook Dating will roll out to the countries given below in the following years: Estonia, Germany, Cyprus, Croatia, Hungary, Iceland, Portugal, Luxembourg, Belgium, Sweden, Greece, Malta, Poland, Slovenia, Liechtenstein, Finland, Romania, Norway, Spain, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Ireland, Slovakia, Austria, Latvia, Denmark, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Lithuania, Italy, and the United Kingdom. If you are not from any of the countries listed above, you have to wait for a considerable amount of time before the platform is activated and Facebook Dating not showing up is fixed.
- You must be 18+ to access the Facebook Dating page: According to the Facebook policy, if your age according to your birth date set on your Facebook profile is less than 18 years, you cannot activate and create your Facebook Dating profile. Even if you make a profile with a wrong birth date simply to access Facebook Dating, your malicious intent will be detected, and you might be blocked. Therefore to fix the FB Dating not working issue, please wait until you are above 18 years of age and able to make responsible decisions in your life.
- Other Technical Reasons: Facebook Dating might not be showing up on the Facebook app because of technical glitches present on the app, and you had failed to update it from the Play Store. It might also be inaccessible due to poor Wi-Fi connection, minor bugs that arise due to the device cache, and Facebook-Server being down due to maintenance issues of DDoS attacks.
How to Fix the Facebook Dating Not Showing Up Issue?
We won’t be able to provide solutions to issues that occur for reasons like the unavailability of Facebook Dating in your location and being too young to make a FB Dating profile. But we have provided elaborate and detailed solutions for all the technical reasons which might cause the FB Dating not working issue in this article. So without divulging any further, let’s get into the leading solutions:
1. Update the Facebook App to Fix Facebook Dating Broken Issue
When an outdated version of the Facebook app is installed on your mobile, you will fail to benefit from the regular bug fixes and feature updates that Facebook pushes through their weekly updates. The new version of the Facebook app includes different optimization strategies that fix all your errors, make the app faster, and solve the Facebook Not Loading pictures issue. Follow the steps given below to update your Facebook app from the Play Store:
- Open the Play Store market app from your Android home screen.
- Search for Facebook in the search bar, and tap on the first search result.
- Tap on the Update button beside the Uninstall button to update the Facebook app.
- After the update process, open the Facebook App and check if the “Facebook Dating not showing” issue is fixed.
2. Switch On your Location Access to fix the Facebook Dating Crashing Issue
It is crucial for Facebook Dating to have access to your location activity because it uses the location services to draw up suggestions and potential partners around you and close to the places you visit frequently. During the initialization of the Facebook app, you might have rejected location access due to privacy concerns or by mistake, so follow the steps below to allow location access to the Facebook Dating app:
- Launch the Settings app using the Gear icon from the App Drawer.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps.
- Some of the Recently opened apps will be listed in front of you. Tap on “See all apps” to expand the installed app list.
- Scroll down to find the Facebook application, and open it.
- Expand the Permissions category by tapping on it.
- Scroll down, and under the Not allowed section, tap on Location.
- Select the option “Allow all the time” to enable location access for Facebook always and fix the Facebook Dating not showing up issue.
3. Restart Your Wifi or Internet Connection to fix Facebook Not Loading
If your Internet connection provides a poor or unstable data network to your mobile device, the Facebook Dating app cannot connect to the Facebook server online, causing the FB Dating not working issue. Before we progress into other solutions, it is necessary to check for a better data connection and fix the Facebook Dating platform by rebooting the power to your router or restarting the local data connection. Follow the steps below reset the Wifi or mobile data connection:
- Unlock your Android smartphone, and pull down the notification shade from the top. Drag it down again to expose all QS tiles.
- Click on the icon for Airplane Mode to switch off all the data connections, and tap on it again after a minute to enable everything.
- If you have a wireless router, disconnect the wireless device from the power socket, wait for 5 minutes before inserting the power cable, and turn on the power.
- If any of the lights on the router are blinking red or not turning on, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and inform them that you don’t have an Internet connection.
4. Enable Notifications for Facebook App to Fix Facebook Dating Broken
Facebook Dating notifications occasionally appear on your mobile to inform you about the profiles that matched you back and if you have any pending messages. But these notifications might stop appearing if there is a bug in the Facebook app or you had accidentally disabled the notifications from the notification panel. Therefore, to fix the Facebook Dating notifications not showing up error, follow the steps below to enable them from your Android app Settings:
- Open the Facebook App Settings on your Android phone by long-pressing the FB icon from the home screen or app drawer and tapping on App Info.
- Select the Notifications category.
- Ensure all Facebook notifications are allowed by tapping the Allow all Facebook Notifications button. Scroll down below and enable the device–based notifications as well.
- Restart your Android device and open the Facebook App to try using the Facebook Dating platform.
5. Clear Android App Cache to Fix Facebook Dating Crashing Issue
Clearing the App cache is essential for maintaining the proper functioning of all the installed applications present on your Android device. Although the app cache is required to quickly retrieve codes and other files, you will get more storage on your internal drive, and all the problematic files will be eliminated after clearing the cache. Therefore, the to fix the FB Dating Not Working issue, follow the following steps to remove the Facebook App cache:
- Open the Facebook App Settings on your Android phone by long-pressing the FB icon from the home screen or app drawer and tapping on App Info.
- Select the third category called Storage and cache.
- Tap on Clear cache, and then on Clear storage.
- Confirm the deletion of app data by tapping OK.
- After rerunning the Facebook app, log in to your Facebook account, and the Facebook Dating crash issue will be fixed.
6. Restart your Android device to Fix Facebook Dating Not Working Issue
Restarting a device or soft resetting is one of the primary solutions that aim to fix all the bugs in a few minutes by holding the power button. Not only does the network connection get refreshed, but the app cache gets erased automatically. Follow the process below to restart your Android device:
- Hold down the Power button on the side of your Android device.
- From the Boot menu that appears, select the Restart option.
- Wait for a few seconds before the device boots up completely.
- Try running the Facebook Dating platform to see if the error is fixed.
7. Manually Reinstall the Facebook App to Fix Facebook Dating
Uninstalling the official Facebook application and Installing it from the Play Store often work wonders to fix any error that might frequently occur on Facebook. Although it is an effective solution for different bugs, the process will delete your Facebook account login information that might have been saved on your device. Therefore, after following the steps below, you have to enter your user credentials again to resume using Facebook Dating:
- Long press on the Facebook icon on your home screen and drag it towards the Uninstall button at the top-right corner.
- Tap on OK when you are asked for a confirmation.
- Navigate to the Play Store on your Android device and search for Facebook.
- Tap on Install to start downloading the Facebook apk file and automatically installing it on your Android phone.
- Log In to your Facebook Profile and check if the Facebook Dating not showing up issue has been fixed.
8. Check if the Facebook server is officially down
The Facebook app installed on your mobile might fail to contact the Facebook servers despite having a solid Internet connection because the Facebook server might be offline or available due to routine maintenance periods or DDoS attacks. You can check reports from other users on other social media platforms like Twitter regarding Facebook Servers being down. Follow the steps below for an alternative approach:
- Open the Facebook-Server Status website on your mobile device browser and check the Running Status of the platform. You can click on View History to see previous server failures.
- Alternatively, you can search the following tag on Twitter to find news or tweets regarding the Facebook-Server outage: #facebookdown
9. Contact the Facebook Help Center to Fix Facebook Dating
If none of the above troubleshooting methods worked out in your scenario, you are better off contacting the Facebook Help Center and explaining your situation to them personally and patiently. Follow the steps below to report an issue to Facebook:
- Log in to your Facebook account on your computer.
- Click on the down arrow at the top-right corner of the Facebook website.
- Select the Help & Support option and click on Report a problem.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to describe your Facebook Dating Not Showing Up issue, and submit it to the Facebook Help Center.
How Do I Enable Facebook Dating?
If you want to know how to activate your Facebook Dating Profile, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure that Facebook Dating is available in your country, and you are above 18 years of age and accept full responsibility for your actions.
- Open the Facebook app on your mobile device.
- Tap the 3 lined hamburger icon at the rightmost end.
- Expand the available shortcuts by tapping on See More.
- Tap on the Dating option.
- Press the Get Started option, and follow the on-screen instructions to activate your dating profile.
- Facebook imports all the details into your Dating profile, but you can select the cross button to hide them individually or the pencil button to modify them.
- You can specify extra details throughout the profile setup, allow or reject location access, etc.
- After completing the setup, tap on Confirm to finalize the Facebook Dating activation process.
Hope you liked our comprehensive article on How to Fix Facebook Dating Not Showing Up, and your issues got fixed after following the troubleshooting solutions. Feel free to comment below on what method you used to solve the FB Dating not working problem and let us know about any additional steps. Cheers!!