Making a Public Profile on Snapchat is not as difficult as it feels like since Snapchat has included the necessary steps and instructions required to do so. But finding these processes and navigating through them is difficult in the Snapchat account settings; making a public profile on Snapchat requires us to fulfill a few pre-requisites. Enabling the wrong settings will not make your profile eligible for being a Public Profile on Snapchat. Therefore, we will guide you through this evergreen tutorial with a comprehensive step-by-step list of processes.
Currently, SnapChat is one of the most widely used social networking sites, with millions of users worldwide. The platform has gone a long way since its debut in 2011, and it keeps delighting users by introducing new functions regularly. The social networking app users may now add music to pictures and videos they post on the platform. Nevertheless, that’s not all the new version brings. In addition, Snapchat now offers the option for users to change their private account to a public profile on Snapchat. But, making your account public and having to create a public profile on Snapchat are totally different aspects. But first, let us know in-depth about a public profile on Snapchat.
What is a public profile on Snapchat?
All Snapchat accounts are private by default, and users can opt for making that public. Making the account public means changing the privacy settings to the public for everyone. Although, this is an essential process to create a public profile Snapchat includes several other hurdles that must be crossed. But what is a Public profile on Snapchat?
A Public Profile on Snapchat lets users show off their skills and share pictures, videos, and other media with a wider audience. It’s possible to connect with your followers and be found on Snapchat if you have a Public Profile. Celebrities and content producers were the only ones who could access these profiles since they were already accessible on the site. As for now, public profile on Snapchat is limited for people of public stature, and this number will grow afterward with increasing user base.
What are the benefits of a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Adding a bio, a profile picture, an e-mail address, or a URL will all be possible for users who have the appropriate permissions. The Public Profile on Snapchat will have a Highlights page where users may showcase their pictures and videos. Along with that, the Lenses tab will include the shared material from Lens Studio as well.
If you’re a Snapchat Creator, you’ll be able to provide specific responsibilities to other platform users so they can administer your Public Profile on Snapchat. Lens Studio is a good place to start if you want to be recognized as a Public Creator, as making a lens for your fans can increase the popularity immensely. For Snapchat’s interest, try being more imaginative with your material.
Now that we know about a public profile on Snapchat and its benefits let’s not wait further and see how to get a public profile on Snapchat. We don’t have to create a public profile on Snapchat from scratch but convert our existing private profile to a public one.
How to get a public profile on Snapchat (Android & iOS):
Step 1: Changing your profile privacy to public
- Open Snapchat from the app drawer, and tap the profile icon at the top-left corner to open Profile Settings.
- Press the Gear icon from the top-right edge of the screen.
- Scroll down to the “WHO CAN …” section in the Settings, and change the privacy settings according to the screenshot below.
- The end result should look something like this.
- Contact Me: Everyone
- Send Me Notifications: Everyone
- View My Story: Everyone
- See Me in Quick Add: Enabled from in-settings.
- See My Location: Tap it and toggle to disable Ghost Mode (was enabled by default)
- After these changes are made, close Snapchat and start it again.
You have successfully made your Snapchat profile’s privacy setting public, meaning anybody added to your friend’s list can see you in their suggestions and contact you. But this is only the first step. Let’s take it up a notch and see how to get a public profile on Snapchat.
Step 2: Create a public profile on Snapchat
After re-opening Snapchat again, there will be some new settings available.
- Launch Snapchat from the app drawer. Tap your profile icon at the top-left.
- Under your profile, there will be a new section called Public Profile, under which there is a new option named Create Public Profile. Tap on it!
- Snapchat will now demonstrate the benefits of making a public profile on Snapchat through 2 slides. Read them thoroughly to know what you are about to step into. Press Continue and then tap on Get Started.
- Pressing Create on the confirmation box assures Snapchat that they have your full consent to Create a public profile out of the existing private one.
- A new entry originated under the Public Profiles section called My Public Profile. Tap on it to learn more.
- You now know how to create a public profile on Snapchat. Moving on, you can tap on Edit Profile to add extra info such as Profile Picture, Bio, Showing Subscriber Count, etc. You can also Preview profile to see how the Public Profile on Snapchat appears in front of other users and friends.
The Public Profile on Snapchat offers a slew of new features by this social media networking giant. Additionally, Snapchat has the “Snap Star” profile that offers more perks when compared to a Public Profile on Snapchat. Hope you liked reading this tutorial and ended up creating a public profile on Snapchat. Feel free to leave a comment below sharing your experiences. Cheers!!