Making a Public Profile on Snapchat is not as difficult as it feels like since Snapchat has included the necessary steps and instructions required to do so. But finding these processes and navigating through them is difficult in the Snapchat account settings; making a public profile on Snapchat requires us to fulfill a few pre-requisites. Enabling the wrong settings will not make your profile eligible for being a Public Profile on Snapchat. Therefore, we will guide you through this evergreen tutorial with a comprehensive step-by-step list of processes.
Snapchat has ushered in a new era of content creation through Snapchat Lens & Filters, Geofilters, Snap Stories, chats with friends that are deleted automatically, community filters, and so on. Snapchat is currently one of the most frequently used social networking services on the internet, with millions of users all over the world. Since its launch in 2011, the platform has come a long way, and it continues to surprise and excite users by adding new features on a regular basis (such as Snapchat Streaks). Users of the social networking app will now be able to include music in the photos and videos that they share on the platform. Snapchat Alternatives have tried to adapt these features into their own platform, but Snapchat’s originality can never be replicated in their essence.
Nonetheless, this is not the only enhancement provided by the new edition. Aside from that, Snapchat now provides users with the option of switching from their private account to a public profile on Snapchat app. However, making your Snapchat account public and being required to create a public profile on Snapchat are two very different things. But first, let us know in-depth about a public profile on Snapchat.
What is a public profile on Snapchat?
All Snapchat accounts are private by default, and users can opt for making that public. Making the account public means changing the privacy settings to the public for everyone. Although, this is an essential process to create a public profile Snapchat includes several other hurdles that must be crossed. But what is a Public profile on Snapchat?
A Public Profile on Snapchat lets users show off their skills and share pictures, videos, and other media with a wider audience. It’s possible to connect with your followers and be found on Snapchat if you have a Public Profile. Celebrities and content producers were the only ones who could access these profiles since they were already accessible on the site. As for now, public profile on Snapchat is limited for people of public stature, and this number will grow afterward with an increasing user base.
What are the benefits of making a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Adding a bio, a profile picture, an e-mail address, or a URL will all be possible for users who have the appropriate permissions. The Public Profile on Snapchat will have a Highlights page where users may showcase their pictures and videos. Along with that, the Lenses tab will include the shared material from Lens Studio as well.
If you’re a Snapchat Creator, you’ll be able to provide specific responsibilities to other platform users so they can administer your Public Profile on Snapchat. Lens Studio is a good place to start if you want to be recognized as a Public Creator, as making a lens for your fans can increase the popularity immensely. For Snapchat’s interest, try being more imaginative with your material.
To summarize, here are the features you get with a Snapchat Public Profile:
- Having Powerful Public Insights of your Viewers – In addition to receiving alerts when new individuals follow you, you may learn where they are from and what they are searching for in your profile. Are these children? What other accounts are they interested in? What can you give to improve their experience? Answering all of these questions will assist you in creating a more strong Snapchat Public profile.
- Accessing Lens Studio freely – You can create stories with jaw-dropping 3D effects and wonder what? You can create lenses on Snapchat without any restrictions. Create lenses, interact with new characters in photos, and record videos not seen by anyone.
- Possibility of Appearing in the Spotlight – Having a video approved for Spotlights is challenging. Nonetheless, now that you have a Public Profile, you may upload your own photos and wait for them to show in that menu. You’ll need a lot of imagination to pull this off, but if you do, your profile will receive the attention it deserves.
Now that we know about a public profile on Snapchat and its benefits let’s not wait further and see how to get a public profile on Snapchat. We don’t have to create a public profile on Snapchat from scratch but convert our existing private profile to a public one.
How to make a public profile on Snapchat (Android & iOS):
This blog post will demonstrate to our valued users “How to make a public profile on Snapchat” in a straightforward and detailed series of steps. It is effortless to manage and implement the Public Profile feature on Snapchat. Luckily, the Snapchat team members have made an easy and intuitive menu with context designs and services easily accessible to anyone.
Although Snapchat forums might make it seems easy to create a public profile on Snapchat, the creator app is not without its flaws. Snapchat server errors in both their Android and iPhone apps have led Snapchat to become unreliable in the eyes of its regular users. Hence, making a Public Profile on Snapchat is difficult without a proper guide. So without waiting any further, let us dive into making a Snapchat creator profile.
Step 1: Changing your profile privacy to public
- Open Snapchat from the app drawer, and tap the profile icon at the top-left corner to open Profile Settings.
- Press the Gear icon from the top-right edge of the screen.
- Scroll down to the “WHO CAN …” section in the Settings, and change the privacy settings according to the screenshot below.
- The end result should look something like this.
- Contact Me: Everyone
- Send Me Notifications: Everyone
- View My Story: Everyone
- See Me in Quick Add: Enabled from in-settings.
- See My Location: Tap it and toggle to disable Ghost Mode (was enabled by default)
- After these changes are made, close Snapchat and start it again.
You have successfully made your Snapchat profile’s privacy setting public, meaning anybody added to your friend’s list can see you in their suggestions and contact you. But this is only the first step. Let’s take it up a notch and see how to get a public profile on Snapchat.
Step 2: Create a public profile on Snapchat
After re-opening Snapchat again, there will be some new settings available.
- Launch Snapchat from the app drawer. Tap your profile icon at the top-left.
- Under your profile, there will be a new section called Public Profile, under which there is a new option named Create Public Profile. Tap on it!
- Snapchat will now demonstrate the benefits of making a public profile on Snapchat through 2 slides. Read them thoroughly to know what you are about to step into. Press Continue and then tap on Get Started.
- Pressing Create on the confirmation box assures Snapchat that they have your full consent to Create a public profile out of the existing private one.
- A new entry originated under the Public Profiles section called My Public Profile. Tap on it to learn more.
- You now know how to create a public profile on Snapchat. Moving on, you can tap on Edit Profile to add extra info such as Profile Picture, Bio, Showing Subscriber Count, etc. You can also Preview profile to see how the Public Profile on Snapchat appears in front of other users and friends.
Snapchat Public Profile FAQs
Why Are Snapchat Accounts Ineligible For A Public Profile?
In general, every account should be able to create a Public profile. Regardless, if the Create Public Profile option does not display when you press on the three-dot menu, the account is most likely ineligible at the moment. The age of the account and the absence of an established connection with another Snapchat user are two prominent causes. Before a Snapchat account may be transformed into a public account, it must be at least twenty-four hours old. In terms of friends, Snapchat needs at least one friend per account who is a friend with them too. (i.e., bi-directional friends)
Again, some additional fundamental limitations may limit access to Snapchat’s Public Profile option. For example, the “Create a Public Profile” feature is now unavailable in all countries and is only accessible to people over the age of eighteen. In addition, failing to adhere to the Community Guidelines may render an account unsuitable for a Snapchat Public Profile.
How to Delete Snapchat Public Profile?
If you no longer want to maintain your Snapchat public profile, you may opt to remove it. To do so, take these steps:
- First, access your profile by tapping your Bitmoji symbol in the upper-left corner of the screen. Then click “My Public Profile.” After that, you must press the Settings gear symbol in the upper-right corner.
- From your profile settings page, touch “Delete Public Profile” at the bottom of the screen and confirm by clicking “Delete” in the confirmation window. That’s the end of it. Your Snapchat Public Profile Account will be successfully deleted.
The Public Profile on Snapchat offers a slew of new features by this social media networking giant. Additionally, Snapchat has the “Snap Star” profile that offers more perks when compared to a Public Profile on Snapchat. Hope you liked reading this tutorial and ended up creating a public profile on Snapchat. Feel free to leave a comment below sharing your experiences. Cheers!!
Additionally, also check out this video for creating a Snapchat Public Profile Setup and Q&A all the details given in the video are very helpful. Let us if you still have any questions in the comment box below.
If you are still imagining about the public profile and a private profile then you can go through this Q&A on Quora.