While on the journey to become a significant Snapchat influencer, it is also necessary to get access to the latest Snapchat Lens and other fresh features to stay on the top of your game – but this is only possible if you know how to update Snapchat on Android and iPhone devices. Snapchat has grown to become one of the most popular social media apps that allow its users to send temporary messages and snaps, click hilarious selfies using Snapchat AR Filters, increase outreach through Snapchat’s Public profile, follow celebrities and your friends, put up Snapchat stories for keeping your followers updated, and so on.
The abilities offered by Snapchat are limitless and evergrowing, but you won’t receive the new features without updating Snapchat from the Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS). Snapchat also pushes continuous bug fixes and improvements to keep the platform safe from persisting failures, for example, the Tap to Load error. Therefore, in this article, we will show you How to Update Snapchat on iPhone and Android devices and keep your influential platform bustling with innovative new features.
How to Update Snapchat on iPhone?
Turning on automatic app updates is the best method to keep your Snapchat app up to date on your iPhone. That way, you’ll always have the most current version of Snapchat and all your other applications on hand whenever an update comes. Through this setting, the App Store will automatically download available updates of installed apps whenever your iPhone is connected to a WiFi network. To enable iPhone’s automatic update feature, follow the steps given below:
- From your iPhone’s home screen, open Settings by tapping the gear icon.
- Scroll down the list of available settings and tap on App Store.
- Enable the toggle next to App Updates if it isn’t already enabled.
If automatic updates aren’t working or you are on a limited data plan, you can manually check for new updates on your iPhone. The process involves tedious steps but is helpful if you are awaiting a major update that fixes the Snapchat iPhone crash issues and wants to receive it quickly. What you need to do is as follows:
- Open the App Store from your home page.
- Tap on your Apple Profile icon at the top-right corner.
- You will see the pending updates and release notes under AVAILABLE UPDATES.
- Pull down from the top of the screen to check for new updates until you see a spinning loading icon.
- If Snapchat has an available update, it will be listed there.
- Tap the UPDATE icon next to the app name to download and install the latest Snapchat on iPhone.
How to Update Snapchat on Android?
Similar to iPhone devices, Android smartphones also have an option to check for app updates in the background and update them depending on the network you are connected to. The feature should be enabled by default, but if not, here are the steps to start Automatic Updates on the Android Play Store:
- Open the Play Store from the app drawer.
- Tap on our Google profile icon at the top-right corner.
- Head over to Settings.
- Expand the Network Preferences section
- Tap on Auto-update apps.
- Choose and mark one from the following options: Over any network or Over Wi-Fi only.
- Note: Choosing Over any network will incur automatic mobile data charges when WiFi isn’t available.
Although enabling Automatic Updates is not the only possible way to update Snapchat on Android smartphones, we have written an alternative approach to manually update Snapchat from the Play Store. The following steps instruct how to update Snapchat manually on Android:
- Open the Play Store app once again from the app drawer.
- Select your Google profile picture icon at the corner.
- Tap on “Manage apps & device” to see if there are any available updates.
- Select the “Updates available option”.
- If Snapchat is mentioned in the list, then press the “Update” button beside it.
- Play Store will automatically download and install the Snapchat update, and you can soon launch the updated Snapchat on Android with exclusive features for your device.
We hope you enjoyed our tutorial on how to update Snapchat on Android and iPhone, and please comment below, letting us know about the new features you received after updating Snapchat on your device. Cheers!!