“Being worthwhile is an effective factor; being worthwhile on the stage we needs to be is the following step,” Paramount Footage chief Jim Gianopulos says
Jim Gianopulos has not had a very straightforward job since taking up as CEO of Paramount Footage in 2017 — one yr after the once-iconic studio had misplaced greater than $450 million.
“Trying again that was about as darkish because it will get, notably for a serious studio,” Gianopulos stated Wednesday at Financial institution of America Merrill Lynch’s annual media and leisure convention. “We’ve simply, mainly for the primary yr in now 4, been capable of make a revenue. Being worthwhile is an effective factor; being worthwhile on the stage we needs to be is the following step.”
How does Gianopulos attain that subsequent step? Nicely, a dive into the studio’s current field workplace successes and its coming slate of movies offers a glimpse at that reply.
The Paramount rebounding narrative actually took maintain final yr with field workplace hits resembling “Mission: Unimaginable — Fallout” ($791.1 million) and “A Quiet Place” ($340.9 million). And Paramount launched 10 movies, with field workplace contribution from two 2017 holdovers.
That’s been a shift within the studio’s technique and an essential one to assist it succeed, in keeping with Gianopulos.…
Be part of WrapPRO for Unique Content material, Full Video Entry, Premium Occasions, and Extra!
For Solely $1/Day Members Entry:
- 5 unique members-only tales per week
- Digital Video trade evaluation and deep-dive options
- Every day WrapPRO e-newsletter overlaying the most recent digital video trade information
- Entry to full size Members-Solely Video archive
- Video of notable classes from TheWrap Occasions (TheGrill, Energy Girls Summit)
- VIP seating for TheWrap’s Screening Collection with stars and filmmakers
- Entry to ‘chill spots’ at choose trade occasions Sundance, TIFF, Newfronts and extra
- Entry to unique invite-only occasions
- DataBank showcasing key stats and streaming video tendencies within the OTT market
- In-depth leisure trade analysis and whitepapers