Snapchat users worldwide have consistently reported an issue regarding Snapchat not loading snap and being stuck on the Tap to load screen for an extended period. Snapchat stuck on sending or receiving stories from particular users, or friends has troubled the millennial generation’s app consumers, but fear not, we are here to serve you better than similar pages offering help.
With over 100 million downloads, Snapchat is the most popular social networking app among millennials. Snapchat is an excellent choice among popular applications for sharing pictures and videos (called snaps) with family and friends. Once the receiver opens the file, any stories or snaps will vanish, making it a highly desired feature of Snapchat. In the beginning, only Snapchat could implement this function, but when other apps caught on, Snapchat remained successful due to its many other useful features (AI filters, lenses, focus mode, stories) and the ease with which its many different types of users can use it.
But during recent years, the Snapchat complaints board started receiving complaints where users faced a black screen after capturing a snap, Snapchat not loading snap after being put up on stories, a white screen displaying “tap to load” while trying to view snaps sent or put up by other users, not getting past the Snapchat loading screen, and so on.
Some of the most frequent reasons why Snapchat displays the “tap to load” error include network difficulties, app loading problems, cache issues, and device settings issues. There is currently no obvious method to determine which issue is causing the tap to load error on Snapchat to occur in your particular case. Snapchat not loading snap issues may be resolved in a variety of ways, as shown below. You may use the techniques mentioned below to troubleshoot and fix the tap to load error where we see Snapchat stuck on sending snaps, and the Snapchat loading screen never disappears.
Methods to fix Snapchat not loading Snaps error:
These methods to fix the Tap to load error might not work altogether at one, so make sure to go through these steps sequentially in their order of precedence.
Method 1: Reboot your Android/iOS device
Often the simplest of the fixes can solve the most challenging bugs. In this regard, the persistent issue of Snapchat not loading snap and experiencing errors like “Tap to load” can be fixed easily by rebooting your Android or iOS device. Rebooting resets the app settings and helps clean background processes that might slow down the functioning of Snapchat. It can also remove network problems that quickly bypass the Snapchat loading screen and assist in loading snap quickly.
- To quickly reboot your device, long-press the power button for 3 seconds.
- From the small menu that appears, tap Reboot or Restart.
- After the device starts again, the Snapchat not loading snaps error will be solved.
Method 2: Clear Snapchat app cache
The cache is a temporary memory that helps fast retrieve frequently used files from the internal storage. Every app has its own cache, and so does Snapchat. Clearing Snapchat’s cache might remove specific files for which errors like Snapchat not loading snap and Tap to load occurs. After clearing the cache, open Snapchat again to view your results.
Clear Cache from Device Settings:
- Tap on the gear icon in the app drawer or notification bar to open Settings. Scroll down to Apps & notifications and tap on it.
- All the installed apps will be listed here. Find Snapchat and open it.
- Tap on Storage to display the cache size
- Press the Clear Cache button for deleting any temporary files causing Snapchat not loading snap error.
Clear Cache from the Snapchat App: (Less effective)
Snapchat separately helps in clearing its cache files through its internal settings. Follow the instructions below to do it.
- Open Snapchat from the app drawer
- Tap on your profile icon on the top-left corner
- From the profile settings, look at the top-right corner to find a Gear icon. Press it to open the app settings
- Scroll down to find a section called Accounts Action. Under it, press Clear Cache.
- Snapchat will now start deleting the temporary files that create the tap to load error after pressing Continue.
Method 3: Turn Off Battery Optimization for Snapchat
The Battery Optimization feature in Android devices helps apps doze off (terminate temporarily), which saves battery. Every installed app (third-party or system apps) is optimized by Android due to their default settings, except for a few necessary services required to be present at all times (e.g., Calling apps). Due to battery optimization, the Snapchat app might face an extended period of Snapchat loading screen or the “tap to load” error, as the essential services of Snapchat might stop loading. So, follow the steps below to fix:
- Similar to the above method, navigate to Settings, then open Apps & notifications.
- Scroll down and press Special Access.
- Battery optimization will be listed there. Tap on it.
- The Not Optimized apps will be displayed there. Change the category to All apps from the downward arrow.
- Find Snapchat among the list, and tap on it. Among the 2 choices, select Don’t Optimize.
Method 4: Checking the Network Connection
A network connection is one of the frequent problems that arise while using any social networking app like Snapchat. Typically, Snapchat performs the work of loading snap via heavy use of the Internet for high-quality snaps. Snapchat not loading snap is a standard error for those with a network problem because the stories sent by someone might not load therefore and adequately show Tap to load error screen.
- Firstly, check if airplane mode is enabled on your device. If enabled, disable it to get the entire Internet.
- If you are using mobile data, make sure that the device has mobile data enables and can draw enough signal strength to deliver at least 1 Mbps of Internet speed.
- If you are using the Internet through a Wi-Fi router, make sure you are in the router’s range. Reconnect the Wi-Fi by disabling the Wi-Fi on your device and enabling it. If this doesn’t work, reboot the router by switching its power Off and On.
- Lastly, if you cannot run any website on your website, check if your Internet plan has expired. Renew the plan to fix Snapchat, not Loading Snap error.
Method 5: Update Snapchat
People criticize that updates of an app consume the Internet and make your device laggy. Part of that is genuine, but updating an app helps install a bug-free version, where the developers have already done the hard work for you. Updating Snapchat is the best way to fix the Tap to Load error or Snapchat Not loading snaps. Follow the steps to see how to do it:
Updating Snapchat via Play Store (Android):
- Open the Play Store from the app drawer.
- Search for Snapchat in the search bar, and open the app by tapping on its icon.
- If there is an update available, the Update button is visible. Tap on it to Update Snapchat and fix Snapchat stuck on sending snaps to friends.
- The update will be downloaded and installed. Restart Snapchat.
Updating Snapchat via Apple Store (iOS):
- Open App Store on iPhone or iPad.
- Tap your profile icon at the top-right corner
- You can now see which apps can be updated.
- If you find Snapchat among that list, tap on the Update button.
Method 6: Reinstall Snapchat
If all the above methods fail, the only way the Snapchat Not Loading error can be fixed is by reinstalling Snapchat and beginning from scratch.
- Uninstall Snapchat by long-pressing the Snapchat icon and pressing Uninstall. Tap Yes to confirm.
- To install Snapchat, go to the Play Store or App Store according to the device you are using, and find Snapchat by searching there. Tap Install to download Snapchat to your device.
- Log in to your Account in Snapchat, and the Tap to Load error will hopefully be fixed.
Method 7: Check if Snapchat is Down
This doesn’t frequently happen since Snapchat’s servers can easily handle its large user base. But sometimes, due to DDoS attacks, these servers might become temporarily available. Check Snapchat’s Twitter handle or another website like Downdetector.
Snapchat not loading snaps and being stuck on Tap to Load error might be a head-numbing issue for some, but we are always here to serve you. Comment below which method worked for you successfully, and share your thoughts on this. Cheers!!