Apple is one of the leading players in the smartphone and other smart gadgets market, and when it comes to innovation, the company tops the list. iPhones are expensive, and so do their accessories and other Apple products. And if you lose or misplace one, it’s most likely not going to be a pleasant experience for you. But don’t worry, Apple has a way to find your lost devices with a service called “Find My” (formerly Find My iPhone). Here in this article, we have brought you a small guide on how to find or locate your lost or misplaced AirPods using the Find My [device] feature of Apple.
If you lose or misplace your AirPods or AirPods Pro outside of their case, it’s still possible to find or locate them using Apple’s Find My. You can also locate your other Apple devices like an iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, etc. There are two different ways to find your lost AirPods using the Find My service:
1. You can do it using your iPhone or iPad (or iPod contact) with the Find My app, or
2. You can do it using a desktop or PC with any web browser.
Both of the methods are listed below.
1. Find Lost AirPods Using Find My on PC
If you’re using a desktop or PC then follow these steps to find your lost AirPods using Apple’s Find My service:
- First, open a web browser on your PC and go to iCloud.com/find
- Now sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- Next, click on the icon that says “Find iPhone”
- Now select “All devices” and choose AirPods from the device list.
Now you’ll be able to see the current (or last) location of your AirPods on the map.
2. Find Lost AirPods Using Find My App on iPhone/iPad
If you have lost your AirPods outside of their case, you can locate or track them down using the Find My application on your iPhone or iPad. If you have the Find My app on your iPhone, follow these steps:
- Launch and open the Find My app on your iPhone or iPad. If you’re not logged in, sign in by applying your Apple ID.
- Now, you should see a list of all your attached Apple devices. Choose AirPods from the list.
- The app will now show you the location of your lost or misplaced AirPods. If you have misplaced your AirPods in two separate areas, then the app will let you find one at a time.
Note that when you’re logged in and looking at your device list, you will see a bunch of colored dots showing the status of each device. For example, a blue dot implies the device that you’re currently working on. Similarly, a green dot indicates that the device is online. And a gray dot signifies an offline device, which could mean the device is either switched off, has moved out of battery, or is out of reach. However, you can still see the last location of that device when it was last connected.
Play Sound on Misplaced AirPods
Once you know where your AirPods are on the map and you move near to them, you can play a sound on them to make it easier to find them. This is because when you move near your missing AirPods, they automatically get connected with Bluetooth when you have your other Apple device with you. You can also play sound on them using iCloud.com from a PC by clicking “Play Sound” at the top-right corner.
If you play the sound on your missing AirPods, the sound will start for two minutes while going progressively louder through that time. This way you can easily find your lost AirPods and then turn off the sounds. That’s all for now, keep visiting ScoopSquare24 to learn more tricks about smartphones, PCs, and other gadgets.