Maybe you made too many wrong friends on Snapchat and now you are sick of their less adorable stories. Or, maybe you’ve decided to be friends with only a few selected people as part of the crackdown to reduce social media addiction. And that’s probably why you are looking for ways to remove multiple friends on Snapchat at once to get rid of clutter and use the social networking app with the desired peace of mind. If my guessing is spot on, let me tell you that you’ve arrived at the right hands-on guide.
How to Delete Someone on Snapchat
While there is no native way to unfriend multiple friends in Snapchat at one go on iPhone and Android, there are some effective workarounds that get the job done. And that too without requiring you to shell out any bucks.
What Happens When You Remove a Friend on Snapchat?
When you unfriend someone on Snapchat, that person will no longer be able to view your private stories. However, he/she will still be able to watch your public stories and send you messages and snaps. If you want to completely stop them from watching your stories or sending snaps to you, blocking is the way to go.
1. Remove Friends From Chat list on Snapchat
You can easily delete someone on Snapchat right from your chat list. In terms of ease of use, it’s like a go-to tool for removing unwanted people.
1. Launch Snapchat on your iPhone and tap on the Chat icon.
2. Now, find and open the chat of the friend you want to unfriend and tap on the Profile icon of the friend.
3. Up next, tap on the menu button (three horizontal dots) and choose Manage Friendship in the popup menu.
4. Next, tap on Remove Friend and again hit Remove to unfriend.
There you go! You can repeat these same quick steps to easily unadd people on Snapchat. Once that’s done, you can use the app without interacting with them or for that matter with the needed peace.
To help you troubleshoot the app and make it run smoothly without random crashing, we’ve created a separate post with 10 handy fixes that will prevent your Snapchat app from crashing. Make sure to check it out if the app ever starts ill-functioning.
2. Remove Friends From Friend List in Snapchat
Another pretty straightforward way of removing multiple friends on Snapchat is to use the friend list. Yeah, you got that right! You can navigate through your friend list and easily unfriend any person.
1. Open Snapchat on your device and tap on your profile icon from the top left corner.
2. Scroll down and tap on My Friends and then type the name/username of the friend in the search box “Find Friends”.
3. Up next, tap on the profile of the friend, and then tap the menu button (three horizontal dots).
4. Choose “Manage Friendship” and hit Remove Friend. Make sure to tap Remove to confirm.
That’s it! So, these are nifty ways you want to unfriend multiple friends on Snapchat with ease.
3. Block Someone on Snapchat for Enhanced Privacy
So, if you don’t want any person to watch your stories or even send you snaps, you should block them. Moreover, this is exactly what you should go for if you want to completely avoid anyone.
1. Launch Snapchat on your device and tap your profile icon from the top left corner.
2. Scroll down and tap on My Friends and then in the search box “Find Friends” type the name/username of the person you want to block.
3. Tap on the username in the search result and next tap on the profile icon.
4. Up next, tap on the three vertical dots at the right corner and then choose Manage Friendship.
5. Now, tap on the Block option and then hit Block again in the popup menu to confirm.
That’s done! This person will no longer send you snaps or even watch your stories. You can take advantage of this native way to delete people on Snapchat.
Unadd People on Snapchat Fast
Though it would be better if there was a built-in method of deleting people on Snapchat, the above-mentioned tips can live up to the task. Now that you know how these hacks work, make the most of these tricks to get rid of unwanted people from your friend list.
As someone who loves using this social networking app, I would like to see a more effective method of removing friends on Snapchat and a native way to send GIFs in Snapchat messages. That said, what are the new add-ons you would like to see in this app? Do not forget to share them in the comments.